Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Banknote of the Week 2.18.14 - Canada 1954 $10

Yes I realize I hardly ever post a "banknote of the week" so it should be more like "banknote of the four months", but what can I say, I'm easily distracted. 

Bank of Canada $10, series 1954

This particular note is very attractive to me for its simple elegance.  Purple has been a symbol of royalty for thousands of years and its a very under-used color in the design of banknotes.  I think it fits perfectly for this note bearing the image of Queen Elizabeth II and it really makes the red serial numbers pop out.  The reverse is a beautiful Canadian landscape.  All Canadian notes are bi-lingual in English and French.  Printed by the British American Banknote Company Limited.  The current producer of Canadian banknotes is the Canadian Banknote Company Limited - I am not sure if there is a connection or if they are distinct entities.



No comments:

Post a Comment