Sunday, May 22, 2011

"The Devil's Metal" Part II

A silver shekel from Jerusalem around 68 A.D. :

In my last post, I began the discussionon why silver is an honest money, why Federal Reserve Notes are not, why Jesus reacted the way he did to the money-changers, and what the Bible says about silver. These are big topics that might be continued in the future. I asked a very Biblically-literate Presbyterian pastor what he though of my post and here is his response for your consideration:

"Thanks for asking me this Bill. I see no glaring errors. One additional observation about the temple clearings has to do with racism and Jewish patriotic fervor. The comment, "my house shall be a house of prayer for all nations" picks up on the fact that the money changers/marketplace was set up in the court of the Gentiles, thereby hindering the worship of God by foreign believers. The temple clearings are not only a critique of the economic oppression and idolatry symbolized by the money changers, but they also critique the Jews' tendency to exclude the nations from the redemptive plan of God, symbolized by where they had set up shop.

Let me know if I can be of further help. Thanks again
-Nathan"

This is not a religious blog per se, but its hard to avoid the moral questions that arise when discussing silver, fiat money, interest, poverty, banking, etc. Savers and investors should at least be aware of all sides before making their own decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment