Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Silver Squirrel Begins

Greetings, guten tag, hola, and bonjour. This blog will be dedicated to advancing knowledge about the hobby of numismatics, but also the very serious issues of currency crisis and the US dollar, as well as any other topics I may wish to discuss. My hope is that in learning more about "bullion, bonds, and banknotes", the reader may prosper both economically and intellectually. It is quite important that people learn about these things, for as John Adams wrote to Thomas Jefferson in 1797:

"All the perplexities, confusion and distress in America arise, not from defects of the Constitution or Confederation; not from any want of honor or virtue, as much as downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit and circulation."


So, dear reader, I hope we can learn more about such matters together. The central banks of the world are perhaps the most powerful institutions currently in existence, and therefore it is prudent to understand the things which they control or create.

I was in part inspired to begin blogging by the wonderful blog "FOFOA". FOFOA is based on the ideas from several cryptic internet postings in the late 1990s by an anonymous major player the world gold market. I am in no ways associated with the author, nor do I necessarily agree with everything posted there. I am simply an OCOFOFOA: Occasional Reader Of Friend Of Friend Of Another. My area of expertise is somewhat different, since I plan to write primarily on actual coins and notes themselves, rather than on abstract theory of money, value, and banking. But we'll see what I get into as time goes on.

Oh, I almost forgot, I will probably write a lot about SILVER!!!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations William. You have doing a good work on this blog and I hope you´ll continue by this way. You can count on my help anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nestor - I might need your help on an article about Spanish Pieces of Eight!

    ReplyDelete